Treasure what you have, and fight for what you want

POSTED ON: Tuesday, 6 May 2014 @ 09:34 | 0 comments

Warning: this post has spoilers about The Amazing Spider-man 2. Go watch it now before you read this, lest I spoil it for you..

today has been an emotional day for me
very emotional day
it was quite a good day in school
despite the constant buzz of the voices in my head throughout the whole day

then when it came to our weekly meeting,
I got more and more emotional
we had a debrief about HOT farewell party, and I reflected on myself
I realised the mistakes that I made, and the areas that I can improve on
(sidenote: I am very very impressed by luqman and how he conducted the debrief wow)
then suddenly, things got a little too emotional, and there were a little tears

after meeting, I went to BP-NP mentoring interview
the interview went quiet well
(and yes, I've quit Guitar, and now I'm joining a new CCA. more on that on a later post maybe)
then after, I made my way down to Nex to watch The Amazing Spider-man 2
the movie was so emotional for me, I couldn't stop crying even after I came out of the movie theatre
and I was speechless for the next hour (I'm still speechless now actually. can't bring myself to talk)

Then after, I received some really sad news
a guy from the temple class I went to last time has been in an accident, and he is now in a coma
my mother very incidentally picked up the chinese evening newspaper today, and just happened to see the news about him
with this news, and with the ending of TASM2 in mind
I am so overwhelmed by emotions

who knows what will happen to you at the next second?
the guy from my temple class was happily going to school today, and he would never have expected to be in a hit-and-run accident
but now..
we cannot guarantee our tomorrow
heck, we cannot even guarantee our next second
things could just happen to us anytime
and would we want regrets?

my point now is,
we should treasure the people and things around us right now, cause who knows what the future will bring us
so many things happen daily - accidents, freak incidents, natural disasters - we need to let the people around us know that we appreciate them, and that we treasure them
another point is this,
don't wait till the last minute anymore
if you have something to do, do it now
if you have people in your life that you have never acknowledged and thanked for, do it now
if you have something to tell someone, don't wait till the last minute
do it now




I actually can't stop crying now
what is wrong with me

-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine