Photos of YEP Myanmar (Part 1)
POSTED ON: Thursday, 2 October 2014 @ 09:18 | 0 comments
(i have been having writers block hence the lack of post)I kept a journal for every day I was in Myanmar
I wont scan it into this blog because tbh it has some really emotional stuff?
but if you want to read it and experience (through my crappy writing) what I've experienced, you can ask me :)
Overall, I have learnt so much so much from this trip
but I guess for now (part 1), I shall elaborate on the biggest lesson that I've learnt there: to show my appreciation for everybody I appreciate
in the team of 29 students and 4 lecturers, this is the one thing I like the most of everybody - how willing everybody is to praise each other, to encourage each other, to appreciate and let others know of their own beauty
one day after a debrief session, I looked around me and I literally went "omg. all of them here are such beautiful souls. all of them" and I was filled with such serenity
I think the practice of complimenting and acknowledging each other's good points started from Nas, who is such a darling and can see so many beautiful things of everybody
so from one person, it became a bunch of them, then everybody started doing it
and wow it felt so nice just to be around people who are appreciative, and who knows how to look at the beauty of those around him/her
and I thought back to my life in Singapore
when was the last time I complimented someone?
when was the last time I verbally acknowledged someone for the good things that they have done?
and I became ashamed - it is such a nice feeling getting appreciated, but here I am not doing what others have done for me?
So I came back to Singapore with a different mindset
until now, I can't say fully that I have been looking at everybody's beauty
but I have been trying to be more appreciative, and to verbalise my love for people around me more often
and that, I think, is a good first step
here are some photos I took in myanmar
(not all of it though, cause i still want to leave some photos for instagram next time)
listening to this song makes me cry
I miss the kids so much
-[chi ling]-















