Appreciate what you have

POSTED ON: Saturday, 7 December 2013 @ 07:14 | 0 comments

I am thankful for my schools 
(Edgefield, Nan Chiau, Ngee Ann Poly, and 耕心园)
for nurturing me into who I am
for providing the environment to shape me into who I have become
for accepting a student like me, and let me have a chance to give back to the school

I am thankful for my relatives
for being so extremely polite to me whenever I meet them
those "wow! you've become prettier!" even when it is not true //laughs
for taking care of my sister and I
and for treating us so well
(very special thanks to my paternal aunts and uncle, and my maternal uncles and aunts)

I am thankful for my teachers
for teaching me whatever I know now
for those random life lessons whenever the whole class start going "teacher! we're very tired! please don't teach today!"
very special thanks those teachers who always go an extra mile to care for us students
to make us feel included, even in school
and for showing us the way to living a meaningful life

I am thankful for my family
for accepting who I am
even when I'm always very unglam 70% of the time
for teaching me that it is okay to be not normal
cause this family isn't normal to say the least
for being there for me whenever I need a home to hide in
whenever I need someone to crack punny jokes with me
whenever I need a reminder that I am actually a living person who can impact others' lives

I am thankful for my friends
for being friends with this weirdo
I still don't get how anyone will be able to see me and go like, "hey maybe I want to spend time to know this girl and be her friend!"
special thanks to my best friends
for being such an important part of my life
that a day without talking to them is a sad day for me
for being so accepting of my emotional roller-coasters
for being embarrassed by me everytime I hang out with you girls
and of course for being there to pass me tissues whenever I cry for no apparent reason

I am thankful for people who are there for my friends
cause without those people, my friends wouldn't be who they are today
my friends wouldn't be alive today
and my friends wouldn't be as strong as they are now
I am grateful for all my friends' parents for giving birth to them
for when they have their child, I have my friends
[this may be really confusing but I don't know how to phrase it sorry]

and last of all
I am especially very thankful for my mother
for she is the tree to this caterpillar
for she is the anchor to this ship
for she is the needle and thread to mend all my chipped off pieces
for she is my mother <3

I'm always really grateful for having her around
and with every birthday,
I'll always be reminded that this strong woman persevered for 8 months
and persevered through those painful hours
just to give me a chance to be alive

So whenever it's your birthday
it's not only a day to celebrate another year of you being alive
but it is also a day to be grateful to everyone around you
be it to your parents who gave you this life
be it to your friends
be it to your relatives
cause what is a life without them?

I've started this post just to type my appreciations
how did it become a post about birthdays?
//laughs
ohwell this post is always relevant
cause it's always someone's birthday every day


"I just wanna know you better know you better know you better now
I just wanna know you
know you
know you"
-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine