Introducing, The Sam Willows! (featuring Nate Tao)

POSTED ON: Sunday, 23 March 2014 @ 11:15 | 0 comments

Local Talent
those two words usually makes Singaporeans cringe with embarrassment
especially since many locals have this mindset that "talents from Singapore can't be compared to talents from other countries"
I gotta admit, I had this mindset too; I had little faith in Singapore's Art Scene
but that was before I got to know The Sam Willows (underline bold italic for effect)

I got to know them last year in June, when they were performing on the same stage as other youtubers (Madilyn Bailey, Tanner Patrick, Zendee, Nate Tao and 38 Years Ago)
[side note: this concert was the first concert that I've ever been to, and it will always be the most memorable one]
Although during the concert they didn't perform all their songs
but during the concert it became very evident that they perform excellently live on stage
the harmonies
the up-beats and slow rhythms
the vibe they give out
it was all totally awesome!
The poster from last year's meet and greet
I got their autographs, are you envious? //laughs



The one song that got me hooked to their music was Glasshouse (refer to previous post)
and one song led to another
I listened to their youtube covers and watched their travelling videos and behind the scenes vids
I got their EP
Their EP - go get it btw, it is damn nice




I got their merch (from their fundraiser for their Glasshouse lillywhite edition production)















and I now daresay that they are one of my fav. bands ever!

two days ago, I came across their instagram and twitter 'contest' for a Secret Shhhow //wooo secret shhhh
and i tweeted to them, to enter the contest, with the mindset of "omg so many people tweet to them, my chances to win the 'contest' is so slim!"
and the next day
I GOT THEIR PM!
(and btw I got a very fangirl moment when they followed me on twitter, like omgg?????!)

so today I went down to Rockstar by Soon Lee (at orchard) with Ben
and I got a big surprise when I found out that Nate Tao was to be there too!
We got into the boutique shop
and settled down for the gig

I can't fully explain how I felt throughout the two hours
but I'll try
for months, I could only listen to TSW's songs from my phone/ computer
their studio recorded songs gave me good vibes and feelings
but when I heard them live again, playing the same songs I always listen to on my phone
it was a whole new experiences
cause now I was actually sitting in front of them, and they were playing just for us
the vibe is completely different, because it was live
I could see them, and they could see us
I could sing along with them, sway along/ bob my head along to their music
I could smile and laugh with them, and be entertained by their cute and funny side-comments
I could even wave to them!
the goosebumps I got when listening to Nightlight
the inner-rocker resisting the urge to stand up and start jumping when listening to Glasshouse/ Riverdance
the vibe of relax when listening to their other songs
and the excitedness when Nate Tao and TSW sang together
it was all real and true and it was amazing

I didn't manage to get a lot of photos/videos cause I wanted to concentrate on their performance
but here's some pictures of today
Spot Sandra!




haha Nate what are you doing?

d'awwwww!


Then I stayed for a little while to catch a picture with them
(side note: omg why are they so glam while I'm so unglam omg)


a little poster from today!







































all in all, I enjoyed myself so much today <3
Thanks so much to TSW and Nate Tao for having this wonderful opportunity to hang around and perform for a small group of us
go support them guys!
they sound so nice, both on videos, and in live performances!
(okay that was an understatement, they sound amazing live!)

sidenote:
Rockstar by Soon Lee is a boutique shop that sells such pretty clothes/shoes!
go check their website out / their instagram
I've always walked past their shop on the streets and thought 'omg when I have money I'll definitely come and have a shopping spree here'
their style is so pretty / kinda a little pastel-floral-hipster kind
go check them out too!

This is my favourite TSW song
Nightlight
listen to it, and be touched by the lyrics


-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine