First performance
POSTED ON: Sunday, 27 July 2014 @ 07:36 | 0 comments
27 July 2014
Atlas & Atlantic's first performance
we only had two official practices (both at night for 2-3 hours, because we're students, and students' lives are busy as hell)
we felt so unprepared before the performance
but we held ourselves together
and we put on our smiles
and there we were, sitting in front of the public for the first time
'1, 2, 3, 4'
we started playing
my heart started racing
"am I playing correctly?
is this cajon loud enough?
smile smile smile, faster smile people are looking at us"
I looked at the crowd
and then at my band
and it was then, when I realised
"this is it. our first step. after a year of ups and downs, this is it"
I looked at my darlings
"look at how far we came
from prom night
to outside Jurong Point"
eyes filled with the slightest tears
looked at the crowd, and my pulse started racing
I focused on my music, cause that's what makes me feel most confident
I felt the beats of the cajon in my heart
and it felt so good to be able to play music to people
because even if it was just for a second, the people's ears were filled with our music
and it made my heart go all fluttery just thinking about how we are actually making music
legit music
on a side note:
after performance, my hands felt damn pain and sore
and now my entire right hand is bruised
//cries laughing
well at least I know this means I did my best for this performance
after performance, my hands felt damn pain and sore
and now my entire right hand is bruised
//cries laughing
well at least I know this means I did my best for this performance
everyday, I get more and more confused
laying on my bed, listening
and tearing up, because I don't know anything
only you hold the answer to the questions that I have
if only you know
-[chi ling]-


