Pre-University Seminar 2014 Day 1
POSTED ON: Monday, 2 June 2014 @ 08:33 | 0 comments
Here's Day 1 of Pre-University SeminarI've decided to record down the thoughts and feelings of each day of this camp, because I truly find it really meaningful and interesting,
and based on how much I always refer back to my first Pre-University Seminar Workshop post, I think daily recording of my experiences is important for me, in order for me to remember whatever has happened during the day, and my thoughts of it
Disclaimer: it might get boring, so if you don't wanna continue reading, do come back after 5 June! (cause that's when Pre-University Seminar ends, and that's when my daily posts of Pre-University Seminar will end)
So let's start with the morning
I woke up at 6 am, and prepared my formal attire to go out
here's a shot of me in my formal attire with the school blazer!
| Why do I look so much like a kid here! |
| Omg I look nice here! but bad lighting! :( |
| the prove that I'm at Pre-University Seminar yo! |
To be honest, I really enjoyed the opening ceremony
I enjoyed listening to the minister's story
and I really liked it when it was the Q&A sesion, when everybody asked relevant questions to question the rationale of the Singapore Policies
I mean, I never had a doubt that Singapore's Policies doesn't work, and I have always been fine with the government's choices and decision
but I've never thought of the perspective of what others are thinking
and the Q&A session really made me realise that I shouldn't always blindly follow everything
and I need to think analytically and critically
The minister explained to us about his perspective and his reason of decision-making
and now I understand more about Singapore's Policy (Y)
| A group photo of the NP people! Spot my Principal! (hint, he is right behind me) |
| A group photo of my team! (: |
Basically the entirety of the afternoon was spent running around, playing games and bonding with my team
| Ben is so sweet omg |
So he came down from school just to pass me the stuff omg
So thankful for him :')
Then after dinner,
my team had a discussion of what we will be doing tomorrow
Basically tmr will be a fieldtrip day, whereby we'll be heading down to Grace Orchard to interview some people and observe and do research
so that we are able to present and come up with a solution on Day 4 about how to make Singapore a more inclusive society
I really like discussing with my team about all these stuff
cause to be really honest,
I am unable to do that in my normal everyday life
my friends don't like to discuss about these
and my parents are usually biased, so they usually can't give an objective stand
and knowing me, I like to know about current affairs and general knowledge and all these things that is being discussed in Pre-University Seminar
I can't wait to do my Year 3 research paper, so that I can do more of these research in an ECH perspective! :)
[side note, I'll probably come back and edit some things on this post cause I'm not really getting the mood to blog, so i might come back to add in more stuff]
-[chi ling]-


