Happy Mothers' Day

POSTED ON: Monday, 12 May 2014 @ 08:06 | 0 comments




Hereby wishing all mothers a happy mothers' day
I celebrated my mothers' day with an icecream treat at airport-swensens, and with a steamboat prepared by me

my beloved mother. don't I look like her? :)


my mother

This is my mother
I love her more than anything in the world
she sacrificed so much for my sister and I
(even giving up the work that she loved so much)
she gave up her youth to take care of us
she pulled me along and taught me so much
she gave me encouragements when I am down, and she gave me advice when I was lost
I regret always making her angry when I was little,
but now as I grow older, I try to do my best to make her proud, and not let her be angry that easily 
so much has happened, and I now know to treasure my mother and do my best to make her happy
I love my mother to the moon and back (and that's just an understatement)

my grandmother
This is my grandmother
as you can see, she's the hippest and most beautiful grandma in the world
my grandmother spoils me everyday, and never ever lets me do any chores or let my hand get dirty when she's around
she worked so hard throughout these years to provide for my dad and my paternal family
she watched me grow up, and honed me to the lady that I am today
I know that every nagging and every old-tradition advice that she gives me comes from the bottom of her heart
her efforts to raise all 6 of us (my 4 paternal-cousins, my sister and I) hadn't been in vain
cause now we have the ability to give her the best, and make her happy
don't look down on my grandma just because she's a little older than you
she is the strongest grandma that I've ever seen!
She still goes to work every morning, and she's still able to carry a whole box of fruits all by herself and set up her fruit stall
Even though we constantly try to persuade her to retire, but she's still happy to be able to be up and about
My lovely grandma, I love you to the moon and back too (again, this is an understatement)



my dear mother, your worry lines and white hairs are the fruits of being constantly there for us. To worry about us and to think all day and all night for us. We'll never be able to repay all that you've done for us

To end off, let me share a little sweet experience I had at attachment today
(this can't be compared to being an actual mother, but to me, this is really sweet and it melted my heart)
today during attachment, I brought my N1 babies to the HDB garden
as it is a garden, it was filled with so many mosquitoes and bugs
so when I got back to the centre after the short walk, I had to use this cream to sooth bug bites and irritation on the children's skin
as I was applying the cream on one of my kid, she stared at my face intently
then, she asked me (with a face full of worry and concern)
"teacher, does it hurt?" she asked as she pointed at the pimples on my face
amused, I said yes, a little.
She immediately took the cream from my hand and tried to apply the cream on my face to "ease my pain"
this is just a really minor experience, but it melted my heart
cause I still barely know these children, but they are already attached to me

After coming to this centre, I became more like a mother-figure to the children here than I was in my previous attachment centre
because this time, I'm taking a younger age-group, and there's a lack of teachers in the centre to take care of the children
(hence I have to be like their teacher-in-charge sometimes, instead of being the teacher sitting at the back and observing)
even though it has been 2 days of attachment
but nonetheless the bond to them is already there
I take care of them
teach them
change diapers for them (and clean up after messy situations, if you know what I mean)
comfort them when they cry
play with them

This is probably the nearest experience I'll ever get to experiencing being a mother (even though it's nowhere near), until the day when I really become a mother
and to me, even though it may seem tiring (and a little not-pleasant at times)
it's still worth it
because at the end of the day, when I leave the centre to go home (or when the children leave to go home), their smiles on their faces make me feel satisfied and contented
their goodbye-hugs and friend-kisses make me feel like everything is worth it, cause as long as the children learnt something from me and they are happy, what more can I ask for
and that's probably how every mother feels

sidenote: sorry if this post seem really confusing and messy
i'm sick right now and I don't know what I just typed



-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine