These are a few of my favourite things
POSTED ON: Friday, 1 August 2014 @ 10:37 | 0 comments
(disclaimer: this post might have TMI)
the stress
the confusion
everything falling upon my shoulders
and it's times like these when I want to remind myself of my favourite things
1. Music
I like how songs have meanings, how songs have melodies, how melodies make people dance and sing. I like how songs relates to people, and no matter how you are feeling at that moment, there's always that one song that speaks exactly to your heart. I like how I am capable to play instruments, and play the music that I have grown to be addicted to. I like how without music, I will not be who I am today. I like how last week, my girls and I made music together in public, and before that, how we let ourselves loose and make music together in Belicia's room.
2. Books
I like how books are our alternate universes, how they are stories created and imagined by marvellous authors who are humans like us, but not really like us because they have the ability to craft out a story based on their minds. I like how when I am reading a book, I lose myself into the book, and for that short moment, life stops, and it's just me and the book. I like how books are made by that limited number of words combined together in different ways to send out different messages, and that words are just many different combinations of the 26 letters in the alphabet. I like how excited I get when I know someone loves the book that I have recommended to them. I like the smell of books, and the physical sensation of actually holding the book, and flipping the pages.
3. Movies and videos
I like how a whole story plot with climaxes and actions and story-lines can be turned into a movie that can be screened in the cinemas. I like how movies allow me to escape from reality and live in the main character's life, even if it is for just that few hours. I like how books turn into movies, and how the story becomes real right in front of my eyes. I like how I can buy a ticket, and sit inside a cinema and appreciate a movie together with many other people in the cinema. I like how movies inspire people to make videos. I like how people post videos on YouTube. I like how I can get to know a person who has no relation to me except that they post their information and life online in a video form. I like how both in movies and in videos, the visuals and sounds work together to create magic in my mind.
4. Art
I like how I can make art by using simple materials such as paper, pencil, colour pencils etc. I like how art is an expression of creativity and art is so therapeutic. I like how colours blend in together, and how by adding a few words or quotes into the art, it becomes a typography. I like how these typographies impact me in my life, as they serve as a reminder to me to smile everyday or be confident of myself. I like how I can look online, and see so many other artists doing their own art and being proud of their art. I like how I can spend time concentrating on something that makes me happy once I've finish doing it. I like how I can place my art on my wall, and look at it when I need motivation.
5. Him
I like him. I like how he smiles, and how he laughs. I like how he is a little awkward, but he can be really confident when he is serious. I like how he knows when to have fun, and when to be serious. I like how he takes note of the littlest details, and how he remembers things even I forget. I like how he can be really meticulous. I like how we have similar interests, be it in music, movies, books or etc. I like how when I am with him, I feel really happy.
"When our hearts are heavy burdens, we shouldn't have to bear alone"
liking a person is one thing, but having that person to like you back is another thing.
I am perpetually confused
-[chi ling]-
10 months later, and I'm still into you
-[chi ling]-
10 months later, and I'm still into you


