This week's reviews
POSTED ON: Thursday, 12 September 2013 @ 10:58 | 0 comments
Before I start anything, I'd like to blog about jadeaisbelle's 28th birthday giveaway!That was a link. Go on. Click it.
I've just started getting more and more interested about beauty products and stuff
so this is a perfect opportunity for me to start up my make up kit!
Jade (this lovely lovely blogger) is giving away 3 AWESOME BENEFIT COSMETICS MAKEUP KIT
Imagine how awesome would it be if I can win one of it omg
I've been tweeting about this giveaway since one or two weeks ago (or is it three weeks?!)
and it would mean so much to me if I can get this!
So yeah! (:
Back to my normal post
To be honest, I've been procrastinating about making my beauty post
(cause photoshop)
but I really wanna share about my favourite things for this week! (and more)
so here I am
I'm gonna do a short review about a book and 2 movies
The Silver Linings Playbook
9/10. Would recommend if you don't mind cursing. Took me about 2-3 weeks to finish because I was so caught up with other stuff.
This book is so nice okay. First off let's talk about the style of writing. I am no professional critic of books, so I'm gonna describe and review this book my own way. The book is written in the perspective of the main character, Pat. It's like he is directly conversing with you and telling you word by word basis of his life after he left 'the bad place'. You could see the train of thought in his mind, you could see how through his perspective, he overcame stuff and how he interacted with people around him. I especially loved the chapter where the writer wrote in a montage style (I hope this is not considered a spoiler for you). I liked how there were unexpected plots here and there in the book, and how the story turned out in the end. I daresay I didn't quite expect that, but hey that's the good part of this book!
I watched the movie of this book right after finishing the book. Bad choice. I was expecting so much from the movie, that it came to me as a big disappointment when I finished the movie. It definitely felt like the writers of the movie changed too much from the book. It feels as if the writers like the story and idea behind the book, but want the story to go in their own way. So they tweaked it, changed it, repackaged it and sold it out. SMH. This movie was a disappointment, but Jennifer Lawrence's performance in it was good!
Ruby Sparks
9/10. Definitely recommending it if you want a lighthearted watch. This probably is one of my favourite movies. Watched it twice.
This movie has such a refreshing plot to it! I might be a little bias since it is a disney film, but truly, I really liked the story line and the way the movie is directed to bring out the story plot's messages. When I read the wiki of this movie, I was surprised to know that the female lead of this movie is actually the writer of the movie! Talk about talent. And no shocker to know that the couple onscreen is actually a real couple offscreen! (cues audience awww-ing)
The Bling Ring
7/10. The story is a little boring, but that is actually the point of the whole movie so.. only watched once
To speak the truth, I only started watching this movie because of Emma Watson. This movie has an unconventional way of expressing and featuring the details of the story, and that's probably the part where I go "what is this? what?? why are you showing it like that??" I guess I'm not artistic/knowledgeable enough to understand the techniques used in this film. Emma Watson acted really nicely in this film, and for a moment I really forgot that Emma was just acting, and she isn't like who she is in the movie, in real life. A* for acting skills! The story plot is actually interesting, even more so when you know it is based on real events that happened!
Yupps! That is it actually.
That took me lesser time for me to type than my usual posts O-O
hmmm weird
Anyways, just a quick update on my life right now
I'm still working in the Disney shop.
I'm getting more and more used to working, and feeling less sore on my limbs day by day
success!
Apart from working, I've been going out
there isn't a day in these few weeks that I've properly stayed at home to chillax
but that's alright. After this month, I can relax a little and wait for school to start
I'm getting my results later
I do hope to at least get As and Bs! No lesser than that!
the beauty post is coming, I promise
I've already photoshopped some photos
I'm slowly learning how to make it look nicer with the help of google and tumblr
please give me more time?
Today's music vid is from Nate Tao, the wood land animal cutie pie
-[chi ling]-




