Happy Chinese New Year Eve!

POSTED ON: Thursday, 30 January 2014 @ 05:39 | 0 comments




















It's now after reunion dinner
mum and granny is still packing the house for tomorrow
I've packed my part of the house
and father is just sleeping on the treadmill (as usual..)
just now gugu and her family came for the dinner
and I gotta say this - I think I'm growing up!
I can now sit at the same table as the adults and sit through all their small talks and shizz
whereas in the past 17 years, I'll always take what I want to eat from the steamboat, then I'll camp myself in front of the computer/ the television
goodjob chiling, now you're as boring as them

now, sitting here, after a good meal of reunion dinner
I'm missing my sister more than ever
just now we skyped a bit
but this is the first year she won't be in Singapore
I'll be alone, to go and brave through all those mountains of relatives who will bound to ask "EH WHERE IS YOUR SISTER"
I should probably paste a paper on my head that says "Sister in London. Pass me her angbao" when I go visiting.
that sounds like a plan hmmm

and this brings me to wonder
what about those people whose family members are all overseas, and they can't celebrate CNY with them?
such as my sister
my scholar friends
some friends that come from other countries
it'll be such a lonely time for them
I just wanna shout to them, "HEY LET'S BE ALONE TOGETHER WE CAN STAY YOUNG FOREVER" *turns into patrick stump*
like I could invite them to my house to celebrate CNY?
but I didn't?
maybe next time I should

I don't make sense anymore
I'm just really really confused right now
and no matter how much I wish and pray and think of what I want (or for who I want, that is..)
no matter how much I want the laws of attraction to happen
every day I'm falling, slowly and slowly, into despair
:(

okay moral of the story
CNY is supposed to be a happy occasion
if you aren't a chinese, do enjoy this time to spend some time with your family!
if you're a chinese, happy CNY and go eat loads of goodies!
if you're a chinese and don't celebrate CNY, there there it's okay you can always talk to me on social media (cause I'm almost spending this CNY alone without sister, so I'm free for the next 3 days)
and we can be ALONE TOGETHER WE CAN STAAY YOUNG FOREVERRRR




Lately, I've been losing sleep
dreaming bout the things that we could be
but baby I've been praying hard
-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine