Please beware of your own safety on buses
POSTED ON: Thursday, 27 March 2014 @ 06:06 | 0 comments
Today I had a fairly traumatic experience on the bus (on the way to school)I was sitting at my usual spot on the bus, and sleeping (quite) soundly
at first I didn't notice anything,
until suddenly, a guy from my back hit my shoulders and shouted "wake up! the guy beside you is trying to molest you!"
can you imagine the shock, horror and (most of all) blurness that I felt at that moment?
then just when I was trying to consolidate my thoughts and make sense of the sitation,
the guy beside me stood up hurridly, took his briefcase and shouted "crazy fellow!" at the guy behind me, before he ran down the bus stairs and off the bus
i felt so horrified at what was happening, so I turned behind me and looked at the guy behind me
the kind soul looked at me pitifully and just said "next time don't sleep on the bus alone okay?"
I am indebt to the kind soul behind me who caught the pervert just in time, before anything happened
the bus was quite near school when this spine-trembling thing happened
and for like 10 minutes I just sat on the bus, in shock, unsure of what to make out of the situation and trying to make sense of it
Even though I tried to calm myself down, I kept thinking,
"what if the kind soul didn't catch the pervert in time?
how would I react?
why was I so silly as to be so sound asleep, until I didn't even notice a guy trying to molest me?
what if the kind soul saw everything and did nothing to stop the pervert?"
when I reached school, I was kinda still in shock, until I met Yan and she tried to calm me down
it was a traumatic experience
and I'm pretty sure I won't be sleeping on the bus (at least, not without any friends around me) anymore
it's queer how the strangest things can happen to me
am I such a strange being that I'll attract the strangest things to happen to me?
the moral of this post (and the life lesson that I've learnt today) is that even if you think Singapore is safe, it actually isn't really 100% safe.
low crime doesn't mean no crime
to all out there, (sadly) especially girls, please be mindful of your surroundings when you're out in the public
and to my friends who take 74 to school (or anybody actually),
please please please be careful of any strange guys who are trying to take advantage of you
the pervert(s) are still out there, and I sincerely don't want anything to happen to any of you
and try not to sleep alone on the bus, even if you're damn tired
I've got no one but myself to keep me safe
-[chi ling]-


