Goals to be met this semester

POSTED ON: Wednesday, 16 October 2013 @ 07:52 | 0 comments

Since it's the new semester, I figured out I need to have some goals to motivate and drive myself through the next half year
To make things easier, I've made 5 goals that is challenging yet attainable and achievable!
(see I'm putting what I've learnt in EEPP to good use //pats my own head)
[BIG DISCLAIMER: please do not judge me]

1. Start doing assignments as soon as I get them! And start revising the examinable materials the way it is taught during Effective Learners Workshop!
In all my studying years, the hardest challenge I face, ever, is to be efficient and to NOT procrastinate
life is hard when you are a lazy perfectionist <- not that it is anyone else's fault but mine
Last sem I had to rush out a 50% assignment, and I even submitted my work late
what a bad experience that was
this sem there will be more assignments, more stress, and of course to cope I must be constant throughout and do my assignments continuously!

2. Say yes to more stuff!
Last sem I struggled to say yes to many things.
I constantly had to debate with myself "oh should I do this should I do that but but but"
well, from this sem onwards I plan to say yes to more!
One example is that I've said yes to performing in strings (as in we have a concert and we juniors had a say in if we want to perform or not. I decided to say yes to it //beams with pride)
Saying yes is challenging for me now, cause it'll mean that I have to be more hard working and actually interact with more people! -gasp-
but hey, you only get to be year 1 once, YOLO and say YES

3. I'm actually aiming to be part of the exco
yes. you've read it right. please don't judge me.
Poly is so much so much different from secondary school
I am very positive that the experience of being in exco would be vastly different too!
I really want to learn to be responsible and committed
to prove to myself and to all around me that I am indeed capable enough to meet my (and people around me) expectations
and of course to serve the school //HMS pride woooh
In secondary school you can always count on the teachers to back up for you and your mistakes
but in poly (if I am correct?) it is the students who are on their own
the lecturers would just be there to advise
I want to learn how to be independent, to work as a team, to be a better leader, to organise events and many more!
exco selection is this sem I think
and I am aiming for it!
[I can't be positive in knowing whether or not I'll be selected, seeing that in poly there are so many talented potentials. nonetheless I'll try my best! after all we're all here to learn, right?]

4. To be more committed to things I've signed up for
this is mostly directed to my cca
I haven't been going for guitar for ages
because I found it a waste of time
not that i'm being cocky, but the truth is I am never learning anything when I go for cca
I already know how to read notes, so tbh the beginner sections are redundant to me
but I realised that since I've signed up for this, it is my responsibility to follow through it!
so yes, be committed to things I've signed up for!

5. This is probably one of the most impt one: to step out of my comfort zone!
to make it more specific, I aim to step out of my comfort zones at least 5 times this semester!
 
as you can see from the venn diagrams above,
you can't learn much if you don't step out of your comfort zone
and since YOLO
we need to treasure every moment we have to learn
so yes
STEP OUT of my comfort zones

As you can see, all 5 goals are interlinked
I am going to paste my goals up on my wall, and read it everyday to remind myself what I'm aiming for
and to Carpe Diem

Today was the first day of school
and I've already had 8 hours of lessons //tired
we had 3 lectures in the same LT
funny story: the LT had been built for a smaller lecture group
so since my course is too big
some people had to sit on the floor during lectures

I'm actually looking forward to the modules I'm taking this semester!
We get to play, move around and learn more outside-of-the-texbook stuff!
let's hope my excitement doesn't die down

today's music video is a song I've just heard yesterday
and honestly this song speaks so much to me
not entirely through the lyrics, but the song as a whole
Honestly I am a mess right now
but I am working my way through each day with the support of my friends and family beside me <3


if only I wasn't such a coward

-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine