Thank you to everyone during the camp

POSTED ON: Tuesday, 15 October 2013 @ 08:39 | 0 comments

as promised, here's a blog entry about the two camps that I've went
I don't really have the mood to type all little details about the camps, but I'll try to elaborate the top 3 events that was memorable in no particular order of memorable-ness

Water games (HOT camp)
This game is by far the best water game I've ever played
and that's kinda saying a lot cause I have went to a lot of camps!
not only are the games interesting, the excos/game masters know to be flexible enough to let us change the games a little here and there to make the games more challenging and fun for everybody
yay!
I think the games were mostly really fun because my group mates were all actively participating :)
(and the fact that we all got drenched with water)

Amazing race around west cost (LAC)
for this race we had to take the bus all the way to west coast area to play the 6 station games located all around
it helped a lot that one of my group mate happens to live in that area
so we didn't actually get lost
the fun part of this whole race is the part where we had to find the QR codes
and believe me, even when you have many pairs of eyes looking for that one piece of paper
it isn't that easy, cause it is so easy to be careless look past the spot where the QR code is
it was also fun that the small station games were small (if I make any sense at all)
as in like, it wouldn't be really fun if the games were really challenging because then it will make us unmotivated to go to the other stations
and like if it is simple little games, we'll be like "YAY one station down another station to go let's go!"
we had the chance to run around the area, instead of being stuck in school
and I feel happy to have the experience to roam around the area

Nightwalk/games (LAC)
as usual, I got really freaked out during nightwalk/games
what's new
but this one is different than all other nightwalk/games I've went to
we actually get to play a lot of small station games to 'get the clues' to complete our mission to 'find the kidnapper'
so we actually have an aim and a motivation to play the games
(unlike other nightwalks where we only get to only walk)
it also adds on the thrill because there were 'ghosts' roaming around to capture you and disturb you
(and yes, I got totally freaked out by the 'ghosts', if you were wondering)
the small station games are actually really interesting
especially the trust fall station
it was my first time to actually do such an activity
and I am amazed at how a group's effort is able to carry the weight, no matter how big the weight is

okay here's the part where it gets tricky
I've promised myself and a few of my group mates that I'll challenge myself by typing gratitude messages to each group member of the camps
sorry if the messages seem too short, cause this is just a brief one
//I am not overly fond of expressing my feelings btw, thus the challenge
so here goes:

HOT Camp
Jaslyn
Thank you girl for being so sweet and supportive for the team. Even though we haven't talked much, but I really enjoyed your company during camp! It has been really fun knowing you more during our late night htht :)

Iffah
Thank you for being such a great leader, by taking so much initiative in hyping up the group and to start the ball rolling for the rest of us to learn from you! Thank you too, for helping with the dance choreography. I really like your happy personality heh :)

Hidayah
Thank you for being a sweetie to the team! Your listening ear is always present for us, and your insightful input into the games are really appreciated. It's so sad that you had to go on the second evening, but I'm sure there will be more times for us to interact together next time! :)

Annabelle
Thank you for being so bubbly and hyper during the camp, and always stepping out to help all of us when we need it! I really love how you will suddenly sing while walking, cause it really boosted the morality of the group! :)

Shawn
Thank you for being the guy of the team! As in like, thank you for helping out with whatever you saw that we needed help in, like taking all the meal boxes and stuff. Thank you too, for making the camp so interesting and fun for all of us! :)

Veron
Thank you for being there for us and being active in all the activities! Your activeness makes every game more fun cause we were all motivated by you! Your voice is simply marvellous //heart melt. Thank you for helping all of us in the performance for the singing part! :)

Jing Xuan
Thank you for being in this team with me! It really helped that you're someone familiar to me, deeply appreciate it! Thank you for being so sweet and speaking up whenever we need suggestions! Your dance moves are amazing heh. It's sad that you always have to go off for CCAs, but I'm really moved when you came back for the performance night for us! :)

Min Yi
Thank you for teaching us so much about leadership! Your experiences and stories for us has taught me much. Thank you too for facillitating in our activities, and for encouraging us to initiate more and speak up more! Hope to see you around school :)

Angel
Thank you for taking such good care of us and being so lovely! I've learnt so much from you during the camp, and I really hope I'll have more chance to spend time with you! Thank you for sharing your stories with us, and for being so understanding! You're such a lovely senior heh! :)

Excos
Major thank you for organizing such a fantastic camp! I'm really thankful for all the hard work each and every exco has put into making the camp a success! You guys come up with so many creative games //many claps for you. Even if I did not spend much time to interact with any of you during the camp, I could see that you guys want us campers to take away as much as possible, be it values, friendships or skills. Kudos to all of you //bows :)

LAC
Chen Wei
Thank you for being a big sister to all of us and taking care of us so well! I especially want to thank you for being there for me during the nightgames. If it wasn't for your patience and understanding, I wouldn't have composed myself within such a short time! Thank you too, for being a great leader and a good example for all of us to follow :)

Valdric
Thank you for helping the whole team make sure that we looked at things in all perspectives. I admire your ability to look at the littlest details and make sure the whole group doesn't miss out anything. Thank you too for your input during the htht :)

Greg
Thank you for your happyboi-spirit and your enthusiasm during the camp! Your cheer-making skills are awesome, and your energy level for games is what made the group games so fun for all of us! Thank you also, for tolerating with all the teasing haha, and of course lending all of us markers for the whole camp! :)

Valerie
Thank you for being such a sweet heart hehe! We always joke that I'm the small mama of the group, but in fact you're also a mama to us, for sharing all your rich experiences with us, and to make us feel comfortable and included in the group! :)

Louisa
Thank you for being a great leader to this group! I really admire your ability to think rationally and to speak your opinions out. Thank you for sharing with us whatever facts and life expriences you have! You are definitely not too noisy, because I won't get tired of listening to you talk! :)

Kate
Thank you for clicking so well with me! I really appreciate you stepping out of your comfort zones with me during the camp, because with you around, I felt so much more confident that I can do things that are put in front of me! I want to especially thank you for sticking by me when I was too scared for words, because with your care and patience I was able to continue the nightgames! DFTBA girl! :)

Stephanie
Thank you for being such a wonderful mama owl to all 7 of us! I am so thankful for being in your team, because you were able to guide us so well! I've learnt a lot from you during the camps, be it from the talks along the way from stations to stations, or the htht, or the debriefings! You're a role model I now look up to, and I certainly hope I get more chances to learn more from you. Thank you so so much for your care and motivation during the second day! Without your encouragements and guidance I would never have the courage to step out of my own comfort zones. Many many thanks! :)

Excos
Thank you for putting so much effort into making this camp so memorable for us! The objectives of the 'Leadership' and 'Adventure' elements are really well met! I am really thankful for this opportunity to learn so much from everybody around me. (that sounded way too cliche but hey that's really true!) You guys even make videos for us to get into the mood to play all the activities lined up for us! Thanks to this camp, I was able to make loads of new friends and create memorable experiences. Many thanks :)

OH PHEW
I'm so glad to have typed out everything
I think I broke my record of longest-time-spent-to-type-a-blog-post!
2 whole days! :O
plus the many more days where this post was just stuck in the 'drafts' page
waiting for me to contemplate about what to type
//forced laughter
anyway
this concludes my camp experiences for this holiday
1 holiday, 2 day workshops and 3 stayover camps
I've learnt so much so much so much this holiday wow

here's a song that will always remind me of HMS camps, be it HOT or LAC



deep gratitude to everybody I've met this past semester and holiday
-[chi ling]-

♥ Older || Newer ♥
you're my sunshine