Talent, heredity or trained
POSTED ON: Tuesday, 22 October 2013 @ 07:34 | 0 comments
Today marks the 5th day of school, and I basically more or less understand what all the modules are aboutThere is this particular module that is totally made for me : creative arts for young children, aka CAYC, aka creative arts.
Not that I'm creative (I'm not btw)
but it has music & movement in it
and after 2 lectures and 2 tutorials of creative arts,
it made me think of the issue of talent, heredity or trained.
basically whether you are gifted, or your 'talents' are natured or nurtured
[if I'm making any sense at all]
okay let's start with a rhetorical question: what is your talent?
whenever I face this question during introductions, I will say "playing music instruments"
but is that really my talent? or is that my interest?
hmmmm
because I am not exactly talented in playing the musical instruments, but just that I know how to play many instruments
so is that still called talent?
by the way side note if you don't know yet
I play the piano, cello, cajon, guitar, ukelele [arranged according to how well I play each of them]
I've started playing the piano since 3
cello since 13
cajon since well, this year
guitar since sec 3
and uke since last year (16)
I think I got my love for playing instruments from my parents
(see this is the heredity part)
my mother plays the pi pa (chinese instrument)
my father plays the er hu, di zi, gu zheng and many more (meaning to say, he's like me/ I'm like him)
my parents met in the local community centre orchestra (I think)
Basically it means that I'm born into a musical family
so did I naturally love playing instruments?
or do I love it cause i've been trained to love it
since young, I've been 'forced' to practice my instruments
quite vigorously in fact
since both my parents understand music and understand that you need to practice
and especially for cello since you can actually hear when it is out of tune
and my parents have good pitches
meant that I've been practicing instruments all my life
so this brings me to the question
am I actually talented in playing instruments? or do I know how to play instruments because I have my parents' genes? or is it because of the countless of practices that make me love playing instruments?
you see my point there?
no?
it's okay, I don't get it either
If you have been living under a rock or something:
Atlas & Atlantic has a new cover! :) Pumped up kicks by Foster the people
go ahead and view it, comment, like, share, and sUBSCRIBE
-[chi ling]-


