TAG: I'm Worth It Because
POSTED ON: Wednesday, 2 April 2014 @ 09:09 | 0 comments
I'm not sure why, but somehow I'm feeling really positive todayit could be because Dip Plus (CIB) has ended for this semester
it could be because I watched On Call 36 Hours till 3am this morning, and I admire how Tze-Yu is so confident about herself, and how she can so confidently portray her strengths in front of the guy she likes
it could be because I've spent a lot of time with Yan these few days (and we talked so much about so many topics) and I've somehow became more logical [it's good that both of us hang around each other a lot haha cause she influences me with her logic, and I influence her with my emotions]
Today on the bus, Yan and I was talking about whether we're worth it/ on par with other people, and how worthy we actually are
a few days back we were talking about how people with crushes always seem to think their crushes are of more worth than them (even if the person who is having the crush is a good catch)
and I couldn't agree more: that's because people tend to only notice their bad points, and obviously since they have a crush on another person, they will only see the good points of that person!
and that got me thinking (using a rational and logical mind), am I worth it?
can a person be such a good catch, until the point where I will never be as good as him??
well, the answer is no.
after a long evening spent thinking of this, I've come to the conclusion:
(this is my opinion. of course, you may have your own opinion)
even though in my eyes, he is such a good guy
but if I really analyse my strengths, I am actually worth it too!
it's sad how (especially in countries who practice collective cultural) people will always only think about their bad points
it's sad how it is actually 'embarrassing' to be proud of who you are and be sure of your good points (and to say it out is even a bigger nono)
I mean, if that's the culture we're raised in, it's no wonder we always feel bad about ourselves!
so to start a change, I've came up with this tag - TAG: I'm Worth It Because
basically, (since we are usually not allowed to praise ourselves) this is an opportunity for you to look into yourself and your mind, and think positively about yourself
rules:
1. come up with 5 facts about yourself, explaining why you are worth it
2. use positive words to describe the 5 facts
3. tag your friends, so that they can openly praise themselves too!
4. remember, everybody has their good points, and so do you!
so here's my 5 facts to show that I'm Worth It
1. I am a fast learner
People might be naturally smarter than me, but with adequate teaching and practice, I am a quick learner; this is especially so with things involving music/ dancing!
2. I am good in music, and in playing instruments
This is linked to the first fact. It's because I am a fast learner, that's why I am able to grasp hold of the techniques of playing the various instruments, and I am able to groove in to many rhythms and tempos. It could be because of training since I was little, but I have relatively good pitch too!
3. I am a determined person, and will persevere in things I do until I get to my goal
I believe in putting either all or nothing into my goals. Be it studies, non-academic activities or music.
A good example is this: during Chingay 2011, there was this awesome dancer who saw me practicing the dance moves. At that point of time, I thought I have mastered the set of dance moves; but the awesome dancer saw me practicing, came to me, and showed me the correct technique to master the set of moves. I was so determined to master the set of moves, I couldn't stop practicing the moves for the entire week! It was until the next practice, when the awesome dancer saw me practicing, then he came to me and told me how impressed he was by how much I've improved (:
4. I am good at using facts and logic to comfort people
I actually did not know I could do this (and am actually good at it) until Yan told me just now! Come to think of it, I am actually good at finding the silver lining for my friends and family around me. Here's a tip on how to find a silver lining: believe that everything happens for a reason. and even if the situation goes worst, you must remember this: once you've reached rock bottom, you'll have nowhere to go but to climb up
5. I am good in listening to people
like what The 7 Habits say - Seek first to understand, then to be understood
I used to be a speaker rather than a listener (and I still do sometimes, even though I try not to). But after I became more mature and start noticing people around me, I realised that there are too many speakers in this world, and there's not enough listeners! So I've made up my mind to be the one to listen to those who needs the listening ear. Although I may not always succeed in listening to everybody everytime, but I think I am at least good in lending a listening ear to those in need
based on these facts
I believe that I am not as bad as how I used to think of myself as
i may not have the looks
but I believe that I have relatively good EQ and IQ to replace my lack of aesthetic appeals
i am not a perfect person
but well, at least I am not an evil person
Now, I'm tagging my friends
especially Jia, Belo and Ting (and that two other close friends who I know read my blog! you know who you are!)
and most importantly, YOU
yes, YOU! You who've read this post till now
go to your blog and do this tag
and text/ PM me once you've done it!
(I'm honestly very interested in reading what you write! and get to know more about you! ^^ )
and even if you don't have a blog
no worries, you can post it on twitter/instagram/facebook/ even video it down and upload it into a youtube video!
the point of this tag is for YOU to properly write down 5 facts that you think make you a person that's worth it
[even if you want to just write it down on a piece of paper privately then tear the paper away, JUST DO IT! as long as you put in the effort to acknowledge at least 5 positive facts of yourself]
no matter who you are
you have qualities that make you a worthy person. that I can guarantee you.
and maybe once you've typed the facts, you'll know which area of strength you can sustain or improve on! (:
for me, I want to improve my instrument skills!
-[chi ling]-


